Non Event Days
Metricon Stadium parking on non-event days is located in the Red Car Park (behind the Carrara Indoor Sports Stadium).
Please note that there will be no public parking available at Metricon Stadium on event days and parking restrictions will be enforced in the areas surrounding Metricon Stadium. Valid parking permits are required to access Metricon Stadium’s car parks, without these permits vehicles will be refused entry. Permits are not available for purchase by the public. All permit holders are advised to refer to the stadium precinct map for the specific location of Metricon Stadium car parks or on the reverse side of their parking permit.
There will be no parking on roadways within the designated Traffic Management Area on event days and any vehicles not abiding by these restrictions can and will be towed away. Please refer to the signage in the area or the Traffic Management Area Map for more information – click here.
Persons With a Disability Parking (PWD Parking)
A limited number of PWD parking spaces are available in the Red Car Park at Metricon Stadium for holders of a valid, government issued disability parking permit. These car parks will be issued to customers on a first in, first served basis on event day.
Once the allocation in the Red Car Park has been exhausted, staff will make allowances where possible to allow eligible customers to park in the Blue Car Park (off Alabaster Drive). However, once the allocation in the Blue Car Park has also been exhausted customers will be required to seek alternative arrangements. Suggestions include, but are not limited to:
- Utilising the new PWD Drop off in the Red Car Park;
- Utilising any of the free event day transport services provided by Metricon Stadium (These include shuttle buses from Victoria Park Broadbeach, Nerang Station and the Boowaggan Road Park ‘n’ Ride;
- Utilising a taxi service for a full or part journey; or
- Utilising one of the private parking operators near to the stadium.
For more information of PWD Parking, please contact Metricon Stadium Management on (07) 5644 6200 or firstname.lastname@example.org between 9:00am and 5:00pm, Monday to Friday.
Click here to view the Metricon Stadium car parking Terms and Conditions.
PWD Drop Off
A dedicated drop off location for PWD customers has been introduced for Gold Coast SUNS events. This drop off is located in the Red Car Park and is available for use by the following customers only:
- Customers in possession of a valid government issued disability parking permit;
- Elderly customers with limited mobility that have not been issued a disability parking permit;
- Customers with a temporary medical condition that affects their mobility, for example a broken leg.
In order to ensure this drop off facility works effectively in conjunction with the current traffic management plan the following conditions will apply:
- For use by private, standard sized vehicles only (no limousines, taxis, buses of any form, transfer or hire vehicles. Standard sizes vehicles hired through rental car companies are permitted);
- Maximum standing time for drop off and pick up is restricted to 2 minutes;
- No parking in any of the stadium’s car parks is permitted without the appropriate stadium issued parking permit. Offending vehicles can and will be towed at the owner’s expense;
- Access to pick up customers is permitted up to 10 minutes prior to and from 30 minutes after the final siren;
- Drivers wishing to pick up their passengers during or after the game are required to collect a ‘Pick Up Pass’ upon entry to drop off their passengers. Without the stadium issued ‘Pick Up Pass’ drivers will not be permitted entry until one (1) hour after the final siren.
For more information of PWD Drop Off, please contact Metricon Stadium Management on (07) 5644 6200 or email@example.com between 9:00am and 5:00pm, Monday to Friday.