1. Protecting Privacy
This policy describes the way GCS and the Promoter collect, hold and disclose personal information. Personal information is information that identifies you or could identify you. GCS and the Promoter are subject to the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), including the Australian Privacy Principles. GCS may vary this policy from time to time, by posting an updated policy accessible on its website.
Protecting personal information is fundamental to GCS’s and the Promoter’s relationship with patrons and employees. All personal information received in connection with a GCS or Promoter product or service, or in the conduct of GCS’s or the Promoter’s business, is therefore treated seriously, having regard to GCS’s and the Promoter’s legal obligations.
3. Accessing GCS Online
“GCS Online” refers to the GCS website or the Promoter’s website which provides products or services. You need not disclose your identity to GCS or the Promoter in order to visit GCS Online, except where personal information is voluntarily supplied, however GCS or the Promoter internet server may automatically record details about any computer used to access the website (such as the IP address, domain name and browser type), the date and time of access, and details of the information downloaded. This information is used for internal statistical purposes and to improve GCS Online.
GCS or the Promoter may use “cookies” on GCS Online. A cookie is a small text file that GCS Online may place on your computer. Usually, cookies are used as a means for our websites to remember your preferences and are thus designed to improve your experience of GCS Online. Cookies may collect and store personal information about you.
You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is sent. Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
When you visit and browse GCS Online, our website host and some third party service providers may collect information for statistical, reporting and maintenance purposes.
- the number of users visiting our website and the number of pages viewed;
- the date, time and duration of a visit;
- visiting patterns of individuals accessing GCS Online;
- the IP address of your computer; and
- the path taken through our website.
GCS or the Promoter use website analytic services to help analyse how you use GCS Online (Website Analytics). Website Analytics generate statistical and other information about website use by means including but not limited to cookies which are stored on users’ computers. The information generated is used to create reports about the use of GCS Online. Our third party providers of these services may store this information. GCS or the Promoter will not (and will not allow any third party to) use Website Analytics to track or to collect any personally identifiable information of visitors to GCS Online. GCS or the Promoter will not associate any data gathered from GCS Online with any personally identifying information from any source as part of GCS’s or the Promoter’ use of Website Analytics.
4. Information Collected
Generally, GCS and the Promoter collect personal information directly from your use of the GCS’s website or GCS Online and any registration you make to receive information, including via email. The personal information which GCS and the Promoter collect and hold includes:
- your name, address, email address, gender, occupation, contact information;
- information about dealings with us and the Promoter, including membership history, and subscriptions for GCS services;
- your Stadium attendance history where you purchase a ticket or use your GCS membership to obtain entry into a venue;
- your IP address and geolocation; and
- information derived from the use of “cookies”.
In addition, you may also provide to us and we may collect and hold additional personal information, such as:
- your credit card information; and
- details of the items ordered or purchased from us.
If you do not give personal information to GCS and the Promoter, it may affect the ability of GCS and the Promoter to provide you with products and/or services.
Where we engage with you multiple times over a short period in relation to the same matter, we may not provide you with a separate notice about privacy each time we engage with you.
5. Information from Third Parties
During the course of business, GCS and the Promoter may also collect personal information that is given to them by a third party (for example, a corporate partner of GCS or the Promoter or information that is on a publicly maintained record). This information forms part of the personal information described in this policy. GCS and the Promoter will not intentionally solicit personal information that is unintentionally disclosed.
6. Storage of Personal Information
This may happen if our service providers are located overseas, or if transactions, information, services or products have an overseas connection. Where such parties are located overseas, you may have rights to enforce such parties’ compliance with applicable data protection laws, but you may not have recourse against those parties under the Australian Privacy Act in relation to how those parties treat your personal information.
7. Use & Disclosure of Personal Information
GCS and the Promoter collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for purposes including, without limitation:
- to verify your identity;
- to improve GCS Online;
- to provide, and to assist the Promoter with providing products and services to you, to manage and account for the products and services, and to improve the products and services;
- to manage GCS and the Promoter’s relationship(s) with you;
- to provide you with information about events, products and/or services that may interest you;
- to facilitate the internal business operations of GCS and the Promoter;
- to promote and market GCS events, products or services;
- to enable corporate partners and sponsors of GCS and the Promoter, as well as their related bodies corporate, to market and promote their products and services to you; and
- to our third party service providers in connection with any of the above.
GCS and the Promoter may also disclose personal information where it is otherwise permitted to do so by law.
You consent to GCS and the Promoter using your personal Information for sending you information, including promotional material, about GCS or the Promoter, or GCS’s or the Promoter’s products and services, as well as the products and services of third parties, now and in the future. You also consent to us contacting you with such information by means of direct mail, email, SMS and MMS messages and via telephone. You can contact us using the contact details specified in paragraph 9 if you do not want to receive marketing information from us.
GCS and the Promoter do not otherwise disclose personal information without your permission, unless the disclosure is:
- required or authorised by law, including without limitation the Australian Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
8. Information Security
GCS and the Promoter will take reasonable steps to protect all personal information within their direct control from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. GCS and the Promoter will take reasonable steps to hold information securely in electronic or physical form in access controlled premises or in electronic databases requiring logins and passwords.
9. Contacting GCS Regarding Access & Correction and Privacy Complaints
An individual may:
- request access to and seek the correction of their personal information held by GCS and the Promoter at any time;
- make a complaint in relation to a breach of privacy; or
by contacting GCS at email@example.com or the relevant Promoter’s Privacy Officer by email.
You will be required to provide proof of identity in order to obtain access to your personal information. GCS may charge a fee where access is provided. GCS may refuse to provide access if permitted to do so by law. GCS aims to provide access to your personal information within 30 days of a valid request.
At all times, privacy complaints:
- will be treated seriously;
- will be dealt with promptly;
- will be dealt with in a confidential manner; and
- will not affect your existing obligations or affect the commercial arrangements between you and GCS.
GCS’s Privacy Officer will commence an investigation into your complaint. You will be informed of the outcome of your complaint within a reasonable period of time following completion of the investigation.